St. Anne's Local Rules 2022
1. Out of Bounds (Rule 18): On or over the boundaries of the course or areas defined by White Stakes and/or White Lines.
2. No Play Zone within a Red Penalty Area (Rule 17): 2nd Hole. Area defined by Red Stakes with Green Tops is a No Play Zone within a Red Penalty Area. All entry STRICTLY prohibited, ball must NOT be retrieved or played as it lies, relief must be taken from interference by No Play Zone under Rule 17.1d.
3. Ground Under Repair (Rule 16): The areas defined by white or blue lines or signage are No Play Zones that are to be treated as abnormal course condition. Free relief must be taken from interference by the No Play Zone under Rule 16.1f.
4. Crossing perimeter fence: It is STRICTLY prohibited to cross the perimeter fence for ANY REASON. Breach of local rule: 2 stroke penalty/loss of hole in match play. Breach of this rule can also result in sanctions under Rule 1.2 (b) including Disqualification in addition to the 2 stroke penalty/loss of hole.
5. Moveable Obstructions (Rule 15): (a) Rakes in bunkers (b) All hoops, temporary ropes and their supports (c) Green plastic sand boxes (d) Distance marker posts (e) All red and yellow posts marking Penalty Areas.
6. Immovable Obstructions (Rule 16): (a) All red stakes with green tops, permanently sited seats, sprinkler Heads, distance marker discs, the entrance road, the service roadway across the 7th fairway, gravel and rubber paths, black and white indicator poles, concrete or wooden steps, bins, ball washers, machinery and course equipment. (b) Immovable obstructions close to putting green: When a ball lies in the general area cut to fairway height or less interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is: on the player’s line of play, is within two club-lengths of the putting green and is within two club-lengths of the ball. (Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.) (c) when a ball comes to rest on or in contact with a plastic strip denoting ‘trolley exclusion zones’ around the greens.
The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b - the relief area is one club-length from the reference point, not nearer the hole and must be in the general area.
7. Bridges: These are an Integral Part of the course and the ball must be played as it lies
8. Penalty for Breach of Local Rules: Match Play - Loss of Hole. Stroke Play - Two Strokes. Rules 2 and 4: General Penalty and Committee Sanction.
Brian Moyne - Men’s Hon. Secretary
25th March 2022.