St. Anne’s Golf Club
CLUB MANAGER VACANCY
St. Anne’s Golf Club is a member owned club located on North Bull Island, Dollymount and will celebrate its centenary in 2021. It is a mature eighteen-hole links golf course and also operates a golf retail facility, restaurant (franchised) and bar facility from its modern clubhouse which commands spectacular views of the golf course and Dublin Bay.
The Club is now seeking applications for the position of Club Manager. Reporting to the Honorary Secretary and working closely with other Club Officers, the successful applicant will be responsible for all of the day to day operations of the Club with a strong emphasis on the provision of quality service to members and visitors. In particular, the Club Manager will:
- Supervise and manage the Club’s course and clubhouse staff (currently ten).
- Work closely with the Head Greenkeeper, Links Officer, agronomy advisers and course architect to ensure delivery of the golf course maintenance and development programme.
- Ensure that the clubhouse and environs are maintained to the highest standards at all times and all facilities are operating effectively.
- Manage day to day financial activity ensuring controls and procedures are operated effectively and work closely with the Club’s external provider of accountancy services.
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy to deliver green fee and other income targets by promoting the Club to tour operators, domestic and international visitors and societies.
- Manage important communication channels between the Club and its members.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Club.
- Manage delivery of capital projects under the Club’s “Vision 2021” programme ensuring “on-time” and value for money completion.
Applicants should therefore possess the following skills:
- Experience in managing sporting club operations and a proven track record in providing a quality service to club members and visitors.
- People management, administration, organization, financial and project management skills.
- Familiarity with the workings of a modern computerized office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of supervising golf course management and upkeep.
Applications (cover letter and CV evidencing the above skills) should be addressed to The Honorary Secretary, St. Anne’s Golf Club, North Bull Island, Dollymount, Dublin 5 and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 15th September, 2018.